Tuesday 24 March 2015

BooHoo.com 3 looks in 1 budget dress

When you become a mother, fashion tends to be last on your list of priorities. Everything is about your bundle of joy, until you really get the first year under your belt. Anything that you really enjoyed fashion wise, whether that was a new pair of killer heels or a stunning clutch bag, seems to get put aside. The pair of killer heels get replaced by soft, comfortable, a low heel (if any heel) practical shoes, and the dreamy clutch bag gets replaced by a oversized Cath kidston baby bag, breaming with all manor of baby paraphernalia, to get you through a gruelling day with baby.

Then that first year passes, maybe your baby is sleeping through, you may have decided to stop breast feeding and you can finally claim your body back, and some of us may be going back to work and need to start thinking about your wardrobe needs again. Whatever your reason is, its time to claw back, dare I say the word a little "me time"

I recently stumbled upon this budget dress while hunting for the "dress" for my friends up and coming wedding. I have to admit, I had not really gotten into on-line shopping for clothes as much as the other kinds of on-line shopping, as I am a odd size and would normally prefer to see, feel and try on, before purchasing.

Boohoo was my first choice when I typed into Google search "dresses for wedding guest" they really had alot to choose from, and at a price that made me even happier. I picked a Rosie panelled body con midi dress in a pretty nude tone, which I felt could be teamed up with lots of other little pieces, but if nude is not your thing Boohoo do this dress in eight other beautiful colours. As the reviews were a overwhelming thumbs up and most said to order a smaller size, I decided that anything that had to be ordered a size smaller had to be purchased.

When I received the dress, the colour is true to the picture a pretty blush tone nude perfect for spring/summer. The fabric is soft to the touch, but is still stiff enough, which is common to a body con style to give the desired effect. I was pleasantly surprised how it did "suck" you in. I do wear support underwear as standard, as it smooths out post pregnancy lumps and bumps and gives a more cleaner silhouette.



My first look, I put a leatherette style necklace from Topshop and Nudes Sandals from New Look SS15 collection. This look would be great for a wedding, date night or night out with the girls. I really love the colour of this dress and I feel it looks elegant, yet edgy.














My second look, I paired a grey long sleeve cardigan, with a black woven belt wrap around the waist both from Primark, a pretty four layered sliver plated necklace and black bowler hat, both from Topshop, and finally black ankle socks with black Spartacus shoes from Wallis. you could wear this look weekend shopping or in the workplace.




My third look, I just added a denim
shirt from New Look (which I got a couple of seasons ago), my old faithful's, Converse hi-tops and Red or Dead glasses. You could wear this out for brunch at the weekend or to a trip to the cinema.










So this was my take on three looks with one budget dress, to be worn on lots of different occasions. What would you wear with this beautiful dress? Let me know your thoughts.




Love Nay x

Disclaimer: I have not be sponsored to advertise on any of the brands mentioned above, I just like to share.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog xx