Wednesday 6 May 2015

Contour Game Strong- Part 2 My four favourite highlighters


So what if you love having cheek bones so chiselled, that they could cut glass, well contouring is for you, but what if you are like me and edging towards the wrong side of your thirties and contouring can on some days make you look abit gaunt, and in need of a good meal, then highlighting my girl, is the way you want to go. Highlighting the high points on your cheeks, cupids bow, and under the brow bone makes you look as fresh as a daisy.

Highlighting powders/creams

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
I was first introduced to this powder highlighter by a good friend and I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. The packaging itself is so beautiful. The compact highlighter has a lovely mirror inside which is a great size to do any touch ups needed during the day. The highlight itself is pretty epic, it gives a pearlized glow to the skin which is not subtle at all, which if you are like me and like to look like a beam is coming off the top of the cheeks then this is the one for you.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade Soft and Gentle
This was my first powder highlighter that I first bought on a mad spending moment while on a Bridal Make up course with MAC in Birmingham. The gleam on this baby is subtle and very pretty. It looks so natural on the skin, and just gives enough lift without looking to sparkly.


Benefit High Beam
This was my very first cream highlighter that I bought. This is my third one I have bought in twelve years, as I actually wore this on my wedding day!  So I have alot of love for this product. The formula blends really easily and a little goes a long way. If I am having a natural 'no powdered' kinda look then I will reach for this to add a natural radiant glow to my skin.

MAC Cream Colour Base in the shade Hush
I recently bought this after seeing Nikki from Pixiwoo YouTube channel using it in one of their Smokey eye tutorial, and loved the natural, golden glow it gives. You do need to really blend it into the skin as it does have a tendency to just sit on the skin. Saying that, the finished result is very natural and just gleams, once blended well.


So there you are, my four favourite powder and cream highlighters. Which one do you like the best? Do you use any of these or do you favour a different one? I would love to hear from you.

Love Nay x


Disclaimer- I have not been paid by any of the products mentioned above, I just like to share.



2 comments:

  1. I have never tried any of these -- need to check them out!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting. Defo check these ones out you won't regret it x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog xx